Welcome to the NYSS online registration system!
You can now use our registration portal to register and purchase NYSS merchandise. You can volunteer to work on the waterfront during class or to help out at the Friday evening picnic by clicking here.
See the table toward the bottom of the CLASSES page on our website for info on when specific classes are offered. We'll be adding a 4th class both am & pm depending on demand. If you want a class when it's not offered, put yourself on the waitlist when you register but consider registering for when it is available. We can move you later if your preferred class opens up.
Some things to keep in mind before registering:
- Before logging in, have this information ready:
- Your username & password from earlier registration. If you're new to NYSS, you'll create them.
- Child’s name, date of birth, height & weight
- Parents’ names, mailing address, phone number & email
- Doctor's name and phone number + medical provider info
- Date of last tetanus shot and info on any medical conditions, such as allergies and seizures
- Emergency contact information
- Credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or Discover); tuition for 2020 is $175
- The information you enter on our registration site is later transferred to our database. Please capitalize proper names & use postal code abbreviations for your state (in caps). If you registered last year, the system will remember some of your basic information. If your address or phone number has changed, please change your contact information (you won't see this until you're ready to check out.)
- If you're a returning student, have you checked the 2020 Placement List prior to registering?
- If you're a new student, have you read our class descriptions? New students must register for Little Puffs if they are 8 (by Sept. 1) or 9 years old, or Beginner if they are ages 10-16 (age by Sept. 1); If you have previous sailing experience somewhere other than NYSS, please email NorthportSailing@gmail.com with your contact info & some details about your child's age & sailing experience.
- Students must be able to swim.
- Please read this list of things to bring to class. Especially important is wearing close-toed shoes. NO SHOES - NO SAILING!
- SCHOLARSHIPS: Due to the generous support of the Leelanau Township Community Foundation and the Youth Advisory Council, we have a limited number of scholarships available for full-time residents of Northport and Leelanau Township on a first come basis. There are also a few scholarships provided by individual donors and available for non-residents. Scholarship students should use the promo code sailNYSS. If you're a non-resident, check on availability with Shelley at NorthportSailing@gmail.com.
- VOLUNTEER: We need volunteers to be on the waterfront during class and to help with the Friday night picnic. Click here if you can help out. You can also volunteer through our web site on the SUPPORT tab.
Shop NYSS for these and more!