REGISTRATION OPENS ON MAY 1, 2022
Welcome to the NYSS online registration system! You can now use our registration portal to register and purchase NYSS merchandise.
See the table toward the bottom of the CLASSES page on our website for info on when specific classes are offered. IF THE CLASS YOU WANT IS FULL, PLEASE PUT YOURSELF ON THE WAITLIST. We have the ability to add additional classes where there is demand.
Some things to keep in mind before registering:
- Before logging in, have this information ready:
- Your username & password from earlier registration. If you're new to NYSS, you'll create them.
- Child’s name, date of birth, height & weight
- Parents’ names, mailing address, phone number & email
- Doctor's name and phone number + medical provider info
- Date of last tetanus shot and info on any medical conditions, such as allergies and seizures
- Emergency contact information
- Credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or Discover); tuition for 2021 is $175
- The information you enter on our registration site is later transferred to our database. Please capitalize proper names & use postal code abbreviations for your state (in caps). If you registered last year, the system will remember some of your basic information. If your address or phone number has changed, please change your contact information (you won't see this until you're ready to check out.)
- If you're a returning student, have you checked the 2022 Placement List prior to registering?
- If you're a new student, have you read our class descriptions? New students must register for Little Puffs if they are 8 (by Sept. 1) or 9 years old, or Beginner if they are ages 10-16 (age by Sept. 1); If you have previous sailing experience somewhere other than NYSS, please email NorthportSailing@gmail.com with your contact info & some details about your child's age & sailing experience. We'll assist you with placement.
- Students must be able to swim.
- Please read this list of Things to Bring to Sailing Class. Especially important are wearing close-toed shoes. NO SHOES - NO SAILING! Also bring 2 face masks for on shore.
- SCHOLARSHIPS: Due to the generous support of the Leelanau Township Community Foundation, the Northport Bay Yacht Club and individual donors, we have a limited number of scholarships available for full-time residents of Leelanau Township and non-residents with a financial need on a first come basis. Scholarship students should use the promo code sailNYSS. Since the week of July 5-8 is a short week, use the code sailNYSS week 1 for that week only. If you're a non-resident, check on availability with Shelley at NorthportSailing@gmail.com.